Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

First home decorating project complete!

Well, almost complete. All I'd still like to do is (for Andre) to sand down the remaining white walls so they're nice and smooth and then paint them white. And to move the hand towel hook slightly and put up a different hook.


First laid out the pictures on the floor.

Than, after tracing around each frame, stuck
templates to the wall.


ta-da!

Not bad, eh? Yes, some are not following the outer lines as they did in the first picture on the floor, but we decided we liked them better that way rather than all in a straight line. I'm not a very straight line type of person, I'm a bit of an all over the place type of person.  ;-) I did check that they were all hanging straight using a spirit level. I guess I might have to do that each time after dusting as with so many lines, if one is not straight it does throw them all out a bit!

Now I really just need to finish the video of where those photos are from! Andre keeps asking me to get done with it so he can get it off my laptop which is a bit limited for space at the moment.

5 comments:

  1. Well done, julle 2. Lyk mooi! Dis 'n baie mooi grys ook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Estelle says: Dis nou 'n mooi plekkie om te sit en ontspan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anneliese
    That picture display is so cool - and what a brill idea to stick the templates on the wall first to see what it looks like. Am considering doing something similar with black frames, so will def take your tip on that.
    Take care
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete