![]() |
| testers |
We chose three shades of grey (fifty would have just made it hard to decide!) and made our choice: the one on the far right.
It's called "light rain". Not really a name I would pick living in England when light rain is what we see on a daily basis, but the color worked well with the frames. I really liked the one on the left too, the lighter one, but the frames kind of disappear on that one. Not enough contrast.
![]() |
| Still before realising it's gloss we bought... |
Back to the shops we go to buy the selected colour. I find it and then spot a smaller container in the same colour. We only need a little bit of paint as it's only the one section of the one wall we'll be painting. At home I prepare the wall by painstakingly taping masking tape all around and covering all surfaces. First coat painted we discover it's a gloss paint we bought instead of matt!!
![]() |
| the gloss |
It stayed that way (one coat of gloss) for about two weeks now. The same colour in gloss turned out much lighter than it does in matt too. In the end we decided we're not happy with this one and went to get the matt version today.
| Andre with the sander |
![]() |
| I quite liked the effect the sanding created |
Andre sanded the wall down for me as the matt won't stick to the freshly painted gloss. First coat of the new matt is now on and drying. Second coat to be painted later this afternoon and hopefully Andre will hang the pictures for me tomorrow. Will post an update of the finished wall soon!
![]() |
| Starting over with the matt this time. |
*like my painting pajamas? ;-)





Estelle says: Julle is braaf. Wag vir foto van voltooide badkamer....
ReplyDeleteEk hou van jou overalls!
ReplyDelete