Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Day 2: Nurburgring!

 

 

We left Bruges this morning and are now in a village 20km from the Nurburgring race track called Dollendorf. We're staying at a guesthouse (Sliders) and Brendan, the owner, offered to take us around the track in his mx5 this afternoon. He obviously knows the track so well and took us around it nice and fast! It was something Andre really wanted to do and I never really thought about getting to go around the track myself. I wasn't all that interested. But when we got there I thought this might actually be fun and I might not get the chance to go around a race track again. So I did it and it was absolutely AWESOME!! Really fast and really fun!

Andre with Brendan's mx5
 

I went round with Bren in his mx5 first and there was another guy there who he knew and who said Andre can go round with him as he's still learning and was going to follow us. He had a corvette which Andre really enjoyed! Andre then got to go round again with the mx5 too.

 

 

Ordering pizza in tonight with the rest of the people staying here at the guest house. The guest house is really great and it's been nice chatting to the others here. I'm sure we will be back at Sliders again sometime and also of course to visit the Nurburgring again. It's addictive, after I've been around the track the first thing I said to Andre was, "I want to go again!!"

 

Day 2: 250 miles Bruges - Nurnburgring

Time on the road: 9.00 am - 2.00 pm

Sliders guest house, Dollendorf

 

No comments:

Post a Comment