We celebrated this Queens Diamond Jubilee this weekend. She's been reigning over England for 60 years now. That's a long time, as the children at nursery said! We had a party with the children on Friday at nursery and you can see some photos if you go to our Facebook page. The children (and staff) dressed as kings and queens or in the colors of the Union Jack. We painted our own bunting, made crowns and baked red and blue fairy cakes. The older children also made their own pinwheels (puff pastry rolled up with cheese, ham and tomato inside) for the party. The whole nursery then had tea together on the decking outside and the tables were decorated in blue, red and white. We even had face painting too.
The older children wrote letters to the queen and drew pictures of her which we sent off to Buckingham Palace together with some photos of our party. We're now hoping for a reply from the Queen!
We had Monday and Tuesday off to celebrate with the Queen and here in our village we had a picnic on the field (which happens to be right behind our house so we could walk there which was very exciting as we aren't able to walk anywhere for a night out!) Andre and I decided to have a braai (BBQ) at home instead so went over there afterwards with our camping chairs and a couple of ciders. A jazz band was playing and the atmosphere was great. There were lots of people, some dressed up for the festivities, and at 10.15pm a beacon was lit which formed part of over 4200 beacons lit across the UK, the last one lit by the Queen herself.
I was very excited that for the first time I also got to sing the national anthem, God save the Queen, although I didn't know many of the words. I'll have to learn it! Here are some pictures of our evening spent with our fellow villagers!
*Click on the pictures to enlarge.
*Click on the pictures to enlarge.
![]() |
| I dressed up in blue, red and white too! |
![]() |
| Doing "The Locomotion"!! |
![]() |
| more dancing! |
![]() |
| The lighting of the beacon. |















Lyk heel gesellig!
ReplyDelete