Sunday, June 10, 2012
Garden Update
I just finished mowing the lawn, Andre did the edges as I still haven't mastered the weedeater. This weekend I've also spent some time tidying up the veggie patch while Andre tidied the front garden area. We've moved one of the pots with sweat peas to the front too which should be nice and colourful soon.
In the veggie patch we now have lettuce which is getting really big. We need to start eating more salad now. The peas are coming on well and some have reached the second wire it's climbing on. I've planted out the courgettes, or squash. Not sure anymore what it was I planted! There were a few seeds left over from last year and they're looking good so hoping we'll have more luck this year with them being started in the green house. Then there's also radish and I've just planted fennel and rocket this morning too. You can also see the raspberries on the right in the photo above.
The tomatoes, peppers and chillies will stay in the greenhouse where they'll be keep nice and warm. I have two tomato plants outside in pots to see how they get on. Herbs I've planted are parsley, basil and coriander as they're my favorite and the ones I like using fresh.
In seed trays in the greenhouse are also lavender seeds and I still have some cucumber seeds which I really should plant before it gets too late.
So the garden is coming on well and I'm really enjoying spending time working on it now that I can see my efforts starting to pay off.
*As always you can click on the pictures if you want to have a better look.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Ook 'n skou-tuin! Julle gras lyk baie mooi en die groente kom mooi aan! Ons het sedert Vrydag omtrent reen gehad hier.
ReplyDeleteEstelle says: Tuin lyk pragtig. Jaloers op "veggie patch"
ReplyDeleteEstelle says: Tuin lyk pragtig!! Jaloers op "veggie patch".
ReplyDelete