Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Cousins in Munich

Last weekend Andre and I flew to Germany to see Mom and Jürgen, but really especially to see my two cousins who were visiting from South Africa. It's been over three years since we've seen each other. It was great to spend time together again and we had a fantastic weekend. Unfortunately Andre got really ill and spent half the weekend in bed... We think it might have been the delicious chicken burger he had on the airport.

Lots of photos following below!


Waiting for the train (underground) in to the city.

Love the city hall. I take a photo of it every time I'm there.
I don't think I'll ever get tired of it!

Before Andre started feeling ill. Still his usual self here.

Fruit and veg at the Viktualien Markt.


This is where the October fest was held.

Looks a bit different to when we were here in September...

My lovely cousins!

A Paulaner horse. There was a festival and free beer was
handed out.

Making sure you won't be nibbled on as you pass by!


Walking the streets of Munich.


Andre still in top form!

Back down to the train.


Olympia Park (where the olympic games were held in 1972)

From the top (nearly) of the Olympic tower looking over
the olympic park. This was where Andre gave in and had
a nap under a tree while we went up the tower.



And ending the day with a braai!

No comments:

Post a Comment