Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cottonwood Boutique Hotel, Bournemouth



A while back we bought a Groupon deal for a night's stay at the Cottonwood Boutique Hotel in Bournemouth and we finally got to go this past weekend. It was lovely to get away and the hotel was great.


To get the negatives about it out the way: the water pressure was almost non-existant in the bathroom but that was it. I loved everything else about it especially the decor. We took lots of pictures of it as you can see below. There were just so much to look at, so many little things and so many things put together which I would NEVER have thought would go together. I guess it will be different having to live in a room like this every day. 

Bar area - look at all that pink!

Note the different patterned pink wallpaper together!

Still part of the bar area.


There were many different funky chairs like
this one!


I would have loved to show you pictures of the restaurant too but didn't want to be too much of a crazy tourist. They had wallpaper on the walls AND the ceiling. And it was bright pink flowers. Lots of flowers. It was so much fun to look at. It makes you smile.

Speaking of breakfast, the breakfast was lovely too. I even had a boiled egg and I never eat egg. Andre of course had the full English breakfast.

Our bedroom- I would never be brave enough to buy
wallpaper like that!

I liked how the wallpaper reflected back in the mirrors
on the opposite wall. 

It's quite an old building with a very
old lift.


For dinner the Friday night we walked into town. The hotel is right on the beachfront and you just follow the road along the beach all the way into Bournemouth. It's about a 15 minute walk to the centre. Luckily it was a nice evening to be out. With warm jackets on of course.

View from our room. That's the sea. Almost as grey as the sky!

Walk into town along the beachfront.

Bournemouth pier


We had dinner at an Italian restaurant and then went back to the hotel for cocktails.

The library (that's wallpaper against the wall).




I loved all the interesting furniture. Lots of old bits that don't match but still looked great together. 

2 comments:

  1. Estelle says: Watter ervaring. Het nog nooit sulke DECOR gesien nie. Kan sien julle het dit geniet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not my cup of tea, I think I would feel seasick looking at all those different patterns!!
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete