Simóne doesn't have motion sickness but rather she has motion sleepy-ness. She will be asleep before a plane takes off. She can sleep anywhere and she does, especially if it's in or on something moving and there's not much entertainment going on to keep her interested enough to stay awake.
Have a look at this past holiday on Madiba for example:
And I didn't even really try to get a picture of each time she was asleep somewhere. I could have had so many more. These were just when I happened to have a camera in my hand.
All this sleeping anywhere and everywhere started when she was very young...
And continued through her early years...
This little dog we had, her name was Suzie, was obviously not the most exciting playmate for Simóne on this particular day...
Or was it Suzie who got bored and walked away when Simóne fell asleep in her kennel?
Oh and the sleeping on yachts she also started practicing from an early age:
As she got older this habit just continued. She slept through Christmases and trips to Germany and the UK.
Back to this past holiday we had with my dad and Colleen in the BVI she actually did make an effort to stay awake at one point by reading up about the wreck they dived at.
But oops! That didn't work out so well either. I suppose the half empty cocktail on the table didn't help either.
I have never met anyone who can sleep as easily anywhere and any time as Simóne does!







Ja-nee, ek kan ook nog 'n paar fotos byvoeg!!
ReplyDeleteLOL! Dit is so cool! En ek onthou vir Suzie. :)
ReplyDeleteLizé dW