Snow started falling in our garden during the night of 29 November. Not even December yet and it was snowing in a country where it isn't normal to have so much snow! It melted away a little yesterday but then we got a lot more overnight. Andre was ready to leave for work this morning and I got up to make his sandwich for lunch. I looked out the window and called him to go check the road to first see if he will be able to leave before I make his lunch. It was totally covered in snow! Everything looks really beautiful, but the little road we live in does not get cleared or gritted. It's quite strange for us coming from Switzerland how people here get to stay at home when it's snowing. Not complaining! It's nice to have Andre at home! But it is dangerous driving on these roads which aren't cleared and without winter tires too.
Here are a few pictures of the snow.
Yesterday on our way back from Southampton, going to visit friends. Yesterday they had a lot more snow here than we had about 20 minutes away. Now we have about the same amount!
This morning in our garden.
Pure white!
I am soooooo envious!
ReplyDeletePauline - Steer & Co
Estelle says: Me toooo Pauline. It is so beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteEk glo elke keer is dit 'n ander belewenis - so ongelooflik mooi en spesiaal. Wens ons was daar! Wat 'n voorreg. Liefdegroete Marietjie & Chris
ReplyDelete