Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Baby Girl's Bedroom

I have finally gotten around to taking a few pictures of Isabella's room, now pretty much complete. For the time being anyway.


I've posted over the past months, or maybe year, I can't quite remember anymore when we started her room, about painting the walls and her wardrobe, building her cot and then adding the wall stickers. The final bit was to hang the picture frames which is my favourite bit in her room.


We used these two storage units from Ikea to store things like her nappies, clothes that are either too big or gotten too small, bedding etc in and later she can store her toys in them. Then we also used the top of one unit for nappy changing and it worked really well with her mobile and turtles above her to grab at and all the nappy changing essentials within reach too. But she's now getting bigger and rolling around so much so I moved the two units back to back so we'd have a wider space to work on. All her lotions and potions were on the side and of course she grabbed at them the moment I lay her down there and knocked them all over within seconds.


Nappy changing space for the first 7 months.

"What are you doing to my room mommy?"

"I'm going to have more space to roll around?"

"Woah! That means I can get to those creams on the side..."

"Good thinking mommy!"


 We will very soon need to lower her cot base. She can't yet get into a sitting position form lying down, but when I sat her in her cot while moving her room she was able to pull herself up.



The new nappy changing station before Isabella had a go
at knocking everything down.

The units are now back against the wall as they were before which looks better anyway, and her changing mat has moved to the floor between her cot and wardrobe where she can roll around as much as she likes. Until she wees on the carpet...



She has a cot bumper towards the back of her cot because she started wiggling backwards before she was able to roll over and we didn't want her waking up from knocking her head against the cot. Now she can roll all over the cot and also turns sideways so I want to get bumpers for the rest of the cot too. I've seen some that attaches around two bars each with velcro so you still have gaps for air to circulate. I'd love to make them myself but doubt I'll get around to that.


Another project I'd love to make myself but also probably wont get too, is making her another sleeping bag. She needs a more summery one, and then I'd also like to make her a warmer one, perhaps from a cuddle fabric or fleece for winter and for when we go to South Africa next month as it would be colder there. I'd probably end up buying this too mainly because I can't find pretty jersey fabric that won't cost more than buying the finished product here. I actually just came across a sleepsac that apparently has a bamboo lining which is very hygienic they say, good for babies with eczema. Isabella really struggles with eczema... Will have a think about maybe trying it.

Oh and the curtains!! They drive me crazy as they can't close properly. Her windows aren't even really that wide, it's a small room. I can't imagine how small a room someone must have to fit the curtains they sell here because I just can't find any nice girly ones that are any wider. So also something I want to make, and looks like this project I will have to make myself if I can't find any to buy!




1 comment:

  1. Estelle says: Dis sulke mooi fotos van haar!

    ReplyDelete