The garden survived pretty well while we were away and with it being so hot. I picked eight courgettes yesterday evening and the biggest weighed well nearly 900g. The other seven aren't far behind in weight either. There are still plenty smaller sized ones which I've left on the plants as we've obviously already got more than we can eat!
I've been searching for all kinds of courgette recipes now. I've made these courgette cakes which were really good. Served them with a salad.
Last night I made a vegetable lasagne. Well, it had some meat in too in the end but lots and lots of that very big courgette you see in the picture on the scale.
Tonight I made chicken enchiladas with this courgette and corn salsa.
I've made courgette bread before, which is similar to banana bread, and I'm thinking of baking courgette muffins this weekend instead of the loaf and to then freeze them. I also found this recipe for courgette fries which I'm going to try.
I think Andre might not let me plant courgettes again next year after this season!


Sjoe, dis 'n goeie oes, veral nadat hulle vir hulself moes sorg! Ek dink nie Daisy gaan van courgettes hou nie.....
ReplyDelete