Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Gardening

Loving the colourful flowers my mom helped
me plant. Looking forward to the hydrangea
flowering. After this season it will be cut right
down.

I noticed the first courgette this morning! I've planted quite
a few courgette and pumpkin plants. Hoping they'll all do
well. I'd love to have lots of pumpkin.

I think today will be a good day to start eating
salad from our garden. It's so hot and sunny today.
Perfect salad weather. The beetroot, fennel and
carrots are also slowly coming along and I planted
a few more seeds this morning of each so we can
hopefully have a continuous supply.

The greenhouse: tomatoes are doing very well.
The peppers and chillies are a bit slower, but
they've been in smaller pots so can't blame them.
I planted some into bigger pots this morning.

I just about forced Andre to buy this shredder and now he's
loving it! We absolutely needed it in this garden of ours. We
have some very serious trimming to do and even some trees
that need removing. This is only the start.

And baby girls rose which Andre's dad and
Marietjie bought after we found out we're having
a girl. It's called pink perfection and smells
really sweet. The rose is Andre's project and
he's planning on getting more roses for the garden.

1 comment:

  1. Die groente lyk goed! Hoop jul kan al paar zucchinis eet voor jul weggaan! En die roos is regtig 'n mooie! Sien hy het nog meer knoppe aan. Het gister by 'n roostuin langs die pad verby gery en die lavender het so 'n blou wors gemaak voor die rose, te mooi. Hier raak die goed mos nie so groot en so gou houterig soos in SA nie.

    ReplyDelete