Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

More voice please?

After being ill last weekend, I now am left with no voice. This never used to really happen to me and if it did it was only for a day and returned back to normal very quickly. Earlier this year though, soon after I started my new job, I got really really ill and actually ended up having to take two days off work which I hardly ever have to do. Anyway, got over that and then for the first time lost my voice/ got laryngitis which lasted about two weeks. It makes it near impossible to try and project your voice above the excited chatter of 20 little children, never mind trying to sing songs with them! 





So this time I decided to go to the doctor on the second morning sans voice. Nothing to do about it said Mrs doctor but to drink honey and lemon and keep absolutely quiet as if I keep straining my vocal chords I stand the chance of causing serious damage. Can't have any anti-biotics as it's only been 4 weeks since she gave me the last course of anti-biotics for my throat.

The children yesterday kept asking me where my voice is. "Why is your voice like that? Why can't you talk to us? Is it because you did too much singing?"

The best was when one said, "I think you should go to the doctor and have more voice put in."

So I'm back in bed with no talking for the next four days. Hopefully I will have more voice put in by Monday morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment