While in the BVI we took part in the Leverick Bay Dinghy Poker Run. It is a charity event with the money going towards a charity for animals. We all dressed up as pirates and sped off in the dinghy ready for some pirate water fights. The guys each bought a poker hand and you the collect a card at each stop (including a drink each time and perhaps a bite to eat!) Andre managed to come in 6th place with his poker hand and even won the prize for best dressed male after taking over my pirate hair-do when we arrived back at Leverick Bay.
Here is a really fun video I made to show you what a great day we had as pirates as well as some photos. As always you can click on the first picture to enlarge it and then flick through them all, and you can watch the video in HD on vimeo by clicking here. (It makes a difference!)
Leverick Bay Dinghy Poker Run 2012 from Anneliese Mostert on Vimeo.












In fact, in the last few months, I have been planning a possible career switch to professional poker. This isn’t an article about the pros and cons of playing poker for a living. Everyone should consider their own situation carefully before making such a decision. This article is a chronicle of an experiment I conducted, to see if I could handle the lifestyle of a professional poker player. free online pokemon rpg
ReplyDelete