We started planting the veggie seeds last weekend.
We planted chillies, peppers, tomatoes, some left over squash seeds from last year, our favorite herbs: coriander and basil, I think some parsley too, lettuce and peas. The peas are the only seeds currently planted outside in the veggie garden. The rest are all in pots in the greenhouse. We also still have chives and mint which survived the winter outside.
We also planted some sweat pea seeds as they did so well last year. And some flower seeds in a hanging basket, not yet hanging but on the floor of the green house. Oh and sunflower seeds. I think that's it!
![]() |
| Our part-time cat watched us from the top of the back shed. ( click to enlarge- his eyes are open just enough to watch me!) |
My orchid has started flowering again. Since arriving in the UK it has not been well. I guess being in a dark box in the back of a cold truck must have been quite a shock. I didn't think it would recover, but two years later and all of a sudden it's got new leaves and lots of large flowers.
The plum trees are blossoming and looks spectacular! It appeared overnight last week. The weather has been fantastic for over a week now and some days were really hot. The pear trees are also starting to blossom with some leaves forming on the big apple tree too.
Today, a week after planting the seeds, some are starting to show above the soil. The lettuce were the first and a few of the flowers now too.
I have also repotted some daisies and Andre is working on sorting out the lawn to get it nice and green and moss free.







After her stint at Steer & Co, I definitely think we must get Mossie on the first plane with her gardening gloves to help you in your huge garden. I am looking forward to seeing the end result after all your hard work. Pauline
ReplyDeleteSo many times we say we wish she was here to help us! Even just with advice as we are still pretty clueless!!
DeleteVoorspoed met al die saadjies! Jul orgidee lyk regtig pragtig. En die peerboom!
ReplyDelete