I love receiving packages in the mail and love it even more when it's free!
Last week we got mail from the water supplier company in this area, reminding us of course that our water won't be for free, but offering some other free goodies. I went onto their website which is a great website by the way. Very informative. I learnt that we have hard water as I suspected of course and that 99,7% of water tested in households were of very good drinkable quality in our area. That's good to know as often I can't be bothered to pour water from the filter jug but just fill my water bottle straight from the tap. There was also more info about the water which I didn't understand and wasn't important to me. All I needed to know is that I can drink it and need to use a little more detergent in the washing machine for hard water.
On the website there was also a water calculator. It asks you questions about your house and how you use water. E.g how often do we bath vs shower which is less now that we discovered that the showers at the gym has even higher pressure than we now have at home making washing my hair much quicker! One thing no one can complain of at the gym is the water pressure!
Anyway, I also read that we can have a water meter installed (*free of charge*) and this will be done on Tuesday morning next week. This will mean that we won't be billed for an estimated average amount of water we might have used but instead for the amount we use only. This should save us some money. We live in a 3 bedroom house and in the average 3 bedroom house there are also children using water so we should be using less than the average and even less now that we are paying to shower (and exercise) at the gym!
On this website there was also a section of free water saving goodies that you could order. We ordered what we could use in our house and received it today. I think it's great that they offer this, helping people to save water and money.
The two blue packets are stuff you put in flower pots or hanging baskets and it absorbs more water so you won't need to water your flowers so often. Great for saving water and especially when I forget to water the plants! Not that that is a problem here with all the rain we've been getting. There's also a thingy for the kitchen tap, a hosepipe connector and a sprayer for the garden. When I opened it I actually realised there were already some of these lying in the shed, left by the previous owners. (I must still show you everything we've discovered in the sheds. Another time.) Again, not something we need to do very often. The garden is quite happy with the rain water it gets.

No comments:
Post a Comment