Andre joined the MX5 owners club. For this he gets a magazine which he enjoys, all about cars, especially MX5s. He also gets discount on things like servicing the car. And then the other owners share scenic routes they've driven.
So that was how we ended up in Winchester. It's not that very far from us, about 40 minutes. But we took the scenic route, through small country lanes which took quite a bit longer. And was way prettier.
Winchester is a lovely town. We had a look around the shops a bit too. We'll be going back there for the Christmas market which starts next week.
These were the only photos I took there but next time I will take some more!
Andre and I are watching The Pillars of the Earth on tv at the moment. It's a mini series based on the book by Ken Follett. I read the book a few years ago. It's really good, you should read it if you come across it. Anyway, Winchester Cathedral is mentioned in the book/ series too. The story is about the building of a cathedral and it's very interesting to see how it was done and what life was like in that time (the 12th century).


Estelle says: Is daar nie 'n "song" - "Winchester Cathedral......." nie?? Pragtig sowaar!
ReplyDelete