Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Dad & Colleen's visit day two: Schaffhausen



On Wednesday we took the train to Schaffhausen. It has become one of our favourite towns. This was the first time I went there with the train though and it was so much fun. It didn't take that long and it was a beautiful ride through the country. You even get a good view of the Reinfall (waterfall) on the way.

After many visits to Schaffhausen I can now finally say that I've been to the Munot too.


Why did we not do this on our first visit there?

It was stunning. Fun to see an old castle/ fort? and you get such an awesome view of the town.

Andre only joined us later and I'm definitely taking him up there next time too! By the way, see those two guys in the photo above coming up the stairs? They were hopping on one leg all the way up!! CRAZY.



It made us wonder how people lived in that time...

We strolled around some more


and then had drinks waiting for Andre to finish work and meet us for dinner.

The dinner plan (as always when we're in Schaffhausen) was to eat at Lemongrass. We were all ready for good Thai curry. But they were closed for holiday! How can they do that to us!!

Maybe it was a good thing because in the end we had cheese fondue, a first for all four of us and it was soooo good!

1 comment: