Monday was a bank holiday. We were ready for a lazy day at home.
A month ago we planned to celebrate Cinco de Mayo by having a whole Mexican day. Cinco de Mayo means "5th of May" in Spanish and you can get some history about it here. We weren't really interested in the history, only in eating Mexican food. But the 5th of May was in the middle of the week and in the middle of the week that Andre and I were looking at houses. So we totally missed the 5th!
We decided then to wait for a sunny weekend and have our Mexican day then. But the sunny day never came so on Monday we decided we've waited long enough for the sun, we'll just have to do without. (By the way, the sun is shining now since yesterday and will be doing so all through the weekend too.)
So for lunch we tried a new recipe, a Mexican layer dip. It was amazing. We had it with nachos chips. I got the recipe from The Pioneer Woman, but you can also read about it and see my photos on my other blog.
Then for dinner we made chicken and pineapple quesadillas with kiwi daiquiris.


I entered this site by chance, but I found very interesting. A greeting to all the people who visit this page.
ReplyDeleteoooh, that looks delicious! What a brilliant idea, using international holidays to feast on fabulous food ;-)
ReplyDelete